Tuesday, February 3, 2009

first day of routine

Last night has snowed, not much but this morning a new layer of snow has covered walkways and cars. Yesterday first workday in farmington. The Lewis Walpole Library was renovated recently with the building of a new section with a modern reading room, the customers today are the three fellows, none else; however, the doors are locked and you can ring to entry. Both at the entrance door and at for the reading room. Apart from that, we have our kitchenette with coffee maker and a beautiful other room, called by its old name the new library, where to sit and chat or read something else. The reading room is very comfortable, the table is designed for people who work on books and not computers, however there are retractable panel that you can use for your laptop. The staff is helpful and knowledgeble to say the least of it. It is cold in there, at lunchtime I had to come back and add a couple of layers under my shirt and sweater. I spent the mornng studying the card catalogues and their mutual relationship and with the online catalogue and digitalized image catalogue. You can do a lot between 8 30 and 4 30, and when you are done, you are weary, yet there is still lots of time before you. if you do not have to drive home, you can just collapse on the sofa, I resisted the temptation and went swimming, relaxed in the giant jacuzzi, then bought some stuff at the supermarket, cooked dinner, black long rice and asparagus, and watched a classic soviet movie I received through Netflix in the morning: Ballad of a soldier, a 1959 war drama, very romantic, tearful, and intense. Exactly what I needed. Then I went online and saw Little Britain, series 2 episode 6, excellent episode, to end the day with a laughter. I think I will cook dinner for my flatmates one of this days, maybe wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. ma quanti splendidi film sovietici non ho ancora visto? Ma come faccio a vederli senza di te? E.

    ReplyDelete