Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday at the Diner


It is a rainy/snowy sunday, perfect for staying home and making phone calls as I have today in my search for a flat or room in LA. On tv there is KILL BILL 1 and 2 thus not problems with entertaining and later on I am going to the pool. At noon however we went for lunch with Fraukje, my colleague here at Lewis Walpole Library. I knew this place in Plainville (where else?, I got my driving lessons and my car there), a small diner on the main road. Those places you see in movies where the waitress bring you coffe and asks if everything is allright.

We seat at the last table and order pankakes, omelettes, sausages, bacon and eggs. There is a small electronic jukebox at the table, I press random button and Celine Dion starts singing, terrible!


The food is very good, cholesterol for a month, and one has to learn how to order eggs, there are at least four ways in which they come. I had them "medium over". On the way home snow starts.


1 comment: