Friday, February 27, 2009

Last day in Farmington

At ten forty-five, this morning, for the usual friday collective coffee break with my colleague we took cakes and two bottles of wine for our wonderful librarian and staff of the LWL (Lewis Walpole Library). We both got little presents and I got good advice about my trip towards west. I realize I could spent more time researching in their collection. But I also need a clearer focus. At 5 pm I was at the AAA (one of the sound advices) and got from them tour guides and maps of the first days of my trips till Louisiana. I got them for free as member of ACI. Then I went to the Kosovar Auto Dealers and got new windshield wipers and a top up of the coolant. Finger crossed. This evening is raining and the temperature is very high, around 7°
Packing and planning are my duties for tonight. I've got an good idea of the first half of the trip. 1600 miles from Farmington Ct to New Orleans, via New York (lunch tomorrow and Brooklin Bridge) Charlottesville, (lunch sunday, with Taylor LWL former fellow) , Elvis' home in Menphis, and then south to New Orleans...

1 comment: