Friday, January 30, 2009

on the road (briefly)

a white nissan sentra, this will be my car for february, neat car, we go through it with the company employee, a small scratch on the lower right side ( I had not seen it, but she played fair). then on I go.

The street condition are excellent, I basically proceed north on route 10 till my destination, I pass various centres, Hamden, Cheeshire, Mildale, Southington, and so on. The density of houses increases, then it decreases again. From time to time, a river, a wood, a pond of water. There is a lot of water in New England. If one looks at the map it is a little disconcerting to see the name of the places: Durham, Portland, Bristol, Middletown, New Britain, Oxford, then an indian name Quinnipac that has survived somehow reminds you that we have crossed the atlantic. The speed limits shift by the 5 miles, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, I managed to see briefly a 45 that's all. Near schools signposts warn that "fines are doubled". Around Cheeshire there is a large place of used cars, I could go back one of these days to have a look. The most striking features are cemeteris, they are not like grove street cemetery, a walled cemetery, they are just lying there, on the side of the main street, looking at the street, with hardly any fences. I will watch a zombie movie tonight. I pass at least 5 donuts, I have to check if I can watch the Simpson online...

It takes about 90 minutes to get to Farmington. I register, I settle in. Here is my new house and my car, parked in front of it. good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment