Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Art in Context

AiC day is over, the day of my talk at the Yale Center for British Art. It was in one of the galleries of the museum where Canaletto's views of London are displayed. They added a table with the material I had chosen, (see post of a couple of days ago) and then a little crowd of about 30 people gathered. I was quite relaxed, and I think that did not go too bad.

Two day only are left in New Haven, Today, I've received the reservation for my rental car for february, on friday I will pick it up and drive toward Farmington, my destination ( in the carabinieri's sense of the word) for the month of february, not very far, like going from Florence to Pontedera. however, adventure, adventure....
here is the link to the map
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=new+haven+ct&daddr=farmington+ct&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=41.517345,-72.812675&sspn=0.490471,0.878906&ie=UTF8&ll=41.517345,-72.812675&spn=1.961851,3.515625&z=8
Before leaving however I still need to do -and to write- some more things in New Haven, I need to talk about the libraries here and I have discovered that from all over the state they come to eat Pizza here. So thursday, the last evening, we will go with my colleagues to eat the famous new haven pizza.

4 comments:

  1. watch out when you take Elm Street (::: (step no. 4 on your itinerary)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for what however? I will pay special attention.... I think I will just turn to Whitney av and go all the way to Jarmington that way. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...if you decided to avoid Nightmares... it's cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course!!!!!!!!!!!! I whished I lived there!!!

    ReplyDelete