Saturday, January 31, 2009

new places, new pools...

first day, a subscription to a swimming pool. One of the tranferable ingredients of my daily life. Five miles, going north, (here road signs remind you which compass direction you are travelling, one of those little differences...) to west hartford. Very nice recreational complex, with golf and other amenities and a pool. No locker goes stably with the subscription, sniff :( , but I can go everyday , it is very nice and neat. Luxury: at the end you can relax in a giant jacuzzi for about 20 people, with soaped warm water massaging your back (no girls washing your shoulder).
I went for a drive towards north, beautiful landscape, ligtly ondulated, with farms and forests, and water, all covered in snow. I stopped by a couple of used cars places, just to check. To get a car for a reasonable price seems feasable. One interesting comment from a seller, he asked me , "you want american or foreign" after I answered I did not care, he continued, "you know american cars come second, people want foreign". I stopped to get gazoline. With the tank quite low, I went to the counter for prepaying (it is the case if you pay cash) I had an automatism from Italy, I asked for 30 $, fortunately she did not have change for the 100 hundred bill (very hard to get one of those changed). I put 17 $ and gallons and gallons poured down, and the tank is almost full. Now I understand the strange look of the girl when I said 30 dollars!!!

1 comment:

  1. hahahhaha... I had EXACTLY the same experience in California... went to the petrol station and asked them to put in my tank 40$ worth of petrol ((((-: the poor guy was looking at me with pity, and after a few minutes of silence... he said... "Where do I put what does not fit into your tank... do you have a CONTAINER?!!!!"

    ReplyDelete