Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Haven Green, a Forum?




Yesterday I bought some light walking shoes, my EZLN mexican (Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional) boots had their soils broken and I brought them to get new gear. Thus I was left with my sort of elegant shoes quite unfit to walk around after the 5 hours snow of yesterday.



Above was the view from my flat on my arrival, yesterday it became like this.

anyway today I went for a walk and the first thing was to go round the Green that today could be rather called the White. Rather than a city square where a church or a palace are located or a park it reminds me of the ancient forum of an ancient city, the open space at the centre of the urban area where all major public building were located, the temples, the market, the sauna, the tribunal. Around the green there are the Ct financial centre, the city hall, the post office and city court, the city public library, all located on two sides towards the east. Another side is occupied by shops set under an arcade. On the green itself three churches are located.

No comments:

Post a Comment