Sunday, March 29, 2009

Santa Monica

Sunny saturday, temperature around 23°, more importantly low breeze from the ocean. A good day for a fist LA beach experience. Of course I am not alone in having this thoughts,
Santa Monica downtown is quite crowded with stollers in the pedestrian zone, 3rd street. I have a beach towel,, but I miss few basic items to spend a day in the sun, suncream protection factor 70 (I always buy the highest factor available) flip-flaps, an american institution, and a hat. Thus the first half an hour is dedicated to shopping.
Here I am in the course of my transformation towards a californian look

Second round is the farmers' market, with ridicously overpriced vegetables and fruits, 6 $ for a 2 pounds (900 gr.) of oranges, but they are organic and we are in Santa Monica. Overall not very different than doing your shopping in S Domenico di Fiesole, or at an organic shop inChiantishire, isn't it? I buy plants: Basel, Parseley, Mint and Sage, to make my place feel like home.

The sand portion of the beach is about 50 to 100 m wide,



This place, on the neverending ocean promeaderather is rather basic and unrefined, it played vivaldi music as it served omelettes and burgers.




Here I am as I exit the cold pacific water, pictured by the friend I came with, still a bit overweight. It is mindblowing to be on the beach like it was high summer....

4 comments:

  1. OOoohhh GREAT FOR YOU DAVIDE!!! shit here it is raining cats and dogs from yesterday!! che invidia che mi fai (a parte il prezzo delle arancie ma nel complesso è una magra consolazione, visto che qui seguiamo d'inverno quasi!!)
    Prends soin de toi et attention aux coups de soleil ;-) (è tutta invidia la mia!!)
    vale

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUANTO SEI FIGO IN VERSIONE CALIFONIA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quanto sono fico in versione CAFONA volevi dire...

    ReplyDelete
  4. basta che non ti porti il laptop pure in spiaggia

    ReplyDelete