Monday, March 9, 2009

Epilogue, Venice Beach

As I was stuck in the freeway 101, the opening scene of Falling Down came to my mind, when Michael Douglas leaves his car stuck in the gridlock and starts his 'mad day of folly', as the title was translated into Italian. He heads towards Venice where his Italian-origin- ex wife has moved (where else could an italian go? the police officer comment in the movie). I thought it would be the right conclusion for Attaliano's journey cross country. Venice Beach on the Pacific.

I took the car back to the freeways and I was lucky again, I got to Venice Bd without problems. I basically parked right on the sand. Stylish houses on the walkway along the Pacific.

It was half an hour before sunset, if this is not perfection....
Such timing would be worth of Phileas Fogg, the English stereotyped, over punctual, protagonist of Verne's Around the word in Eighty Days.
It was springish and people have been clearly enjoying a worm day on the beach. There was, in the air, that excitement when people feel cold days are over.

And there there was, the boardwalk where, in the movie, Douglas finally gets killed.
I am in LA.


2 comments:

  1. you look skinny; too much eating w the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually I hardly lost any weight, gazing must be pretty filling...

    ReplyDelete