Tuesday, April 14, 2009

oil and tyre change

I left the car at a gas station, I chose it just by the look at it. Old fashioned 1980s pumps, and eastern european looking people. It turned out they are armenians, their father emigrated in 1975 and they opened the mechanic place here in 1985. Their place stands between Allen and Del Mar, on my way to work, I could also walk from their place to the library.
In this country oil change is being done at much shorter intervals. No idea of the reason. 3000 miles is the advised interval, I had, 5000 on mine and thought I should adjust to the local tradition. Moreover the front tyres are quite consumed on the outside and I am getting those two changed. The deal is not exactly great, about 200 $ for the job, but I am getting decent goodyear tyres. In the end I discover that they service the Huntington's cars and they gave me a ride here.

250 $... oil change is cheaper but definitely tyres are more expensive than in europe. Odometer at 127310, the car runs more smoothely now, wroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment