Friday, April 10, 2009

netflix targeting me..... 3 months later

Now, you know how I basically feed on movies, and how the second week I was in the states I got myself a subscription to Netflix to get myself a fix whenever I needed it. Evidently those motherfuckers have got a program that tracks what you see and targets you with tailor-made offers organized in personalized genres. Tonight as I get onto the homepage this is the staggering ensemble I found:
I swear it is all true, I saved the page for future reference, you can ask me for it if you don't believe.

Understated Indipendent Movies on Marriage (based on my interest on Independent movies and my good ratings of Shortcuts and Sex lies and Videotapes )

Mind Bending Horror Movies (Based on my interest on Mind Bending and Horror)

Visually-striking Suspenseful Movies from the 1950s (Based on my ratings of The Bad Seed and Touch of Evil)

Crime Thriller based on Classic Literature (based on my ratings of The Big Sleep and The Lady From Shanghai)

Sci-fi and Fantasy (based on my interest on Sci fi)

Can you believe somebody out there got the job to invent those names?!!! And had fun for ten minutes looking at my records. Or is it computer generated? Gee, I wonder what I will get next... and what everybody else gets...
Inspired by such sublime and refined example of marketing, here are some in-style suggestions from my own movie experience and my imagination

Manneristic gore movies with big titted blonde girls
Serial crime thrillers based on true torture stories
Pseudo-historical movies from the 60s with middle eastern backdrops
Romantic comedies from the 1980s with guys in torn blue jeans

there is hardly a limit to the fantasy, come on, invent your own genre....

Next Morning Update. This morning, the first thing I did was checking "my" netflix homepage, with results not as exciting. Interesting that they seem to focus on whatever uncommon you've been watching...
this are their suggestions:
Mind bending independent movies (based on mind bending and independent)
Suspensful Cult horror movies (based on horror and ratings of Scream Blacula Scream, and I spit on your grave)
Critically acclaimed dark movies from the 50s (same as yesterday Bad Seed and Touch of Evil)
Sci fi and fantasy
Crime movies based on classical literature (same as yesterday, big sleep and lady of shanghai)

No comments:

Post a Comment