Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Halfway in my journey, March monthly report

Dante was at in the middle of his life, when he took his journey, I have past that point in my life and I have now reached the middle of this journey in the US. Almost three months have elapsed since I lay my foot on the land of Orson Wells, Gene Roddenberry, William Burroughs, Herschell Gordon Lewis and many others.
As it is customary with this blog at the end of the month I do a review, intended for the future enjoyment and puzzlement of fellow social scientists of a compte rendu of the way in which my material belongings have evolved in the past month.
This month however, because of the cross-country drive, the entry is going to be divided into two, the journey, and the first 3 weeks in LA.

The Drive

A large blue dust cover, or dust towel, to cover up my stuff in the boot as it is visible from the back window.

A pair of sunglasses to drive into the sunset (I've lost them last Saturday, on the same day they are recorded for the blog, when I went to Santa Monica Beach)

An Elvis Presley key holder.

An Elvis Presley mug with the Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich recipe printed on it.

An Elvis Presley double CD

A Navajo songs CD

A bag of land from the source of the Navajo River

Triple A (AAA) guides and maps to all the states I have passed through, They occupy about 30 cm in my shelve.


In Los Angeles

A new lock for the glove department of the Car

A comfy chair for the patio of the new house,

two headset for the cellphone (a spare one when the first will break)

one hat

one pair of flip-flap

one suncream protection factor 70

a beach towel

a towel (for the swimming pool)

a lock (for the swimming pool locker)

two pairs of light trousers (one is a jeans)

One pair of black long socks, (a present)

One plate, laquered with a scene from Gone with the Wind

four plants: Basel, mint, sage and parsley

one glass

one knife

a black adesive tape for electrical purpose

a set of toilet paper rolls

a facial tissues box

items that are not anymore in my possessions

a pair of winter light brown trousers (threw them away)

one cellphone headset (the one I left with, tried to fix it with the adesive tape and did not work)

FOOD available at the moment (not including spices I brought from Farmington)

onions (blonds and red) tomatoes, few potatoes, carrots, garlic,
oatmeal, cucumbers, lemons, pears
dry black beans, a can of ditto,
spicy tea, ginger tea, coffee,
coffee filters
buckwheat, sour cream, kefir, butter,
sugar,
curry
yegheknadsor cheese (Armenian)
puff pastry squares

No comments:

Post a Comment