Monday, June 29, 2009

Cambridge Boston, 8th day









The weather has completely changed, since I passed Buffalo going east, it is grey and it is raining. Today it is the same, I did not know that summers in new england would be so mild, so englishin a sense, in the traditional sense of what summer used to be in England.

Getting to cambridge is relatively easy, I am there in less than 2 hours, but the only parking available is very expensive. I walk around this little town for half an hour before getting to the research library where a booklet has been set aside for me. In less than three hours I have finished with it and decide to drive through downtown Boston before heading for Providence where I have an appointment with T. I stop in Boston and have a walk around and stop at the public gardens, I see the victorian and edwardian architecture of the houses, but I am too tired to be really looking around and getting a sense of the city, a seagull is carrying with its beak a plastic bag full of bread crumbs, from time to time stops rest and then picks up its bag and walk another 5 6 metres. I think I am so tired I am having allucinations, thus I take a picture of it, just to be sure. After an hour or so I get back on the car and drive to Providence, RI. Traffic getting out of Boston is worse than in LA, it takes me two hours to get to Providence. My friend is waiting at a bar in Thayer street, where Brown University people hang out. A very trendy and lively street.

After a couple of drinks we head to East Greenwich some 15 miles south of Providence, where T is living at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment